Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 84's

2001-06-19 14:28:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 84's
From: TerryGSpicuzza AT Eaton DOT com (Spicuzza, Terry G)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:28:04 -0400
We have 122 and conversation b/n STK and HP confirm that this should be the
minimum firmware.  STK is coming out with 126 which we installed on a 9840
in a STK 9738 library.  This worked out fine so we'll attempt this and see
what happens.

I also think that NBU knows how to handle the buffers on the server and when
a tape is requested, NBU buffers the data on the server and waits for the
new data.  However, NBU doesn't do this on the switch and if there is even
1KB in the buffer on port  2 in the switch, then that data is probably
flushed to the tape drive and of course there is no tape available, because
NBU is mounting one.  Any thoughts on this?

Should the switch buffers to be lowered or altogether eliminated?

Thanks,

Terry