Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up to Disk

2001-06-18 03:21:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up to Disk
From: curtis AT backupcentral DOT com (W. Curtis Preston)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 00:21:43 -0700
You simply configure a new storage unit, and specify that it is a
'disk-based' storage unit, and what directory it should use.  After that,
it acts much like any other storage unit.

One note of caution: For some reason, you cannot scan back in images that
were backed up to a disk-based storage unit.  If they expire - they
expire.  You can't use NetBackup's scanning feature to scan them back into
the index.

At 09:11 PM 6/17/2001 -0700, Jeffrey Barber wrote:

>Hi All
>I am trying to figure out how to have Netbackup Backup to disk. No luck in
>doing so.
>Does anyone know of any Doc's explaining how to configure NB 3.4.1GA to do
>this?
>
>Thanks in Advance
>
>Jeffrey 'J' Barber
>
>When I see the sea once more,
>would the sea have seen or not seen me?

---
W. Curtis Preston
Principal Consultant for Storage Designs, your storage experts
Webmaster: http://www.backupcentral.com Phone: 760 631 7991