Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup schedules of the type monthly

2001-06-15 12:20:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup schedules of the type monthly
From: curtis AT backupcentral DOT com (W. Curtis Preston)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:20:14 -0700
I know it's a little late, but there is a script in my NetBackup tool kit
that handles this very nicely.

http://www.backupcentral.com/mytools.html

Here's the summary from the README:

autosched.pl*
       This script will create a full backup schedule for each NetBackup
class.  To use it,
       create a file /usr/openv/local/etc/autosched.conf, with one line for
each class.
       It should be 'classname:dayofmonth,' the 'dayofmonth' being the day
you want its full
       backup to run.  Then you put autosched.pl in cron and run it once a
day.  For each
       class, you must create a daily incremental schedule, because
autosched uses that to
       create the 'days' file for the Full schedule.  Every day it runs, it
checks to see
       if any classes are supposed to receive a full backup that day.  If
so, it creates
       a full backup schedule with an interval of 10 days, and uses the
days file from
       the incremental backup for windows.  It also uses retention number 8
(You must
       edit autosched.pl to change that.). It then records that it did this in
       /usr/openv/local/data/autosched.dat.  Nine days later, it deletes
the schedule.
       This gives the class nine days to do a full backup, but ensures that
the full
       backup always occurs on the same day of the month.  (You can also
specify a day
       of the week in autosched.conf.  If so, it will create the full on
that day of the
       week, with an interval of 4 days, removing it 3 days later.)