Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Monthly Backups

2001-06-13 17:12:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Monthly Backups
From: dayalsd AT lycos DOT com (dayal singh)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:12:33 -0500
NBU Guru's,
            I got a silly idea of using the bpstart_notify for checking the end
of the month, if it succeeds then the backup will be scheduled else it won't.
Anybody done like this ?

I can also use the other method of activating and deactivating the classes at
the end of the month. But I have around thirty classes and I don't want to
duplicate the classe for the monthly backups.

I can also  do a manual backup using cron. But if at the same time Incremental
backups are fired, now monthly as well as Incremental backups will start at the
same time or am I wrong ?

I can keep a frquency of 28 days for monthlies, but my business requirement
doesn't permit me to do the same.

Any other solutions please ?

I appreciate y'r response

TIA