Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Robotic Library Upgrade

2001-06-13 15:22:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Robotic Library Upgrade
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:22:10 -0400
I'm looking for advice on upgrading a robotic library on an NBU Master Server.
Here's the chore:

I currently have an ATL7100 attached to a Sun E450 running NBU 3.2GA. I am
looking to upgrade the ATL7100 to a Sun L700 or a Scalar 1000 (haven't decided
which yet). This will be a total replacement of the ATL and it will no longer
reside on the NBU Master.

Are there any special considerations I need to keep in mind when taking on
something like this? I'm especially concerned about transferring the media from
one library to the other and NBU still knows which images are on the media. I
will, undoubtedly, have to create a new Storage Unit but will I have to do
anything special to the tapes?

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice