Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sol'n: Solaris tape devices/netbackup question

2001-06-12 13:09:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sol'n: Solaris tape devices/netbackup question
From: morgan (Morgan Jones)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:09:50 -0400
The solution we ended up using came from the Veritas-bu list..  I'll
not mention the author as she didn't cc the list (I don't think)..

I think the short answer is that I needed to include lun 2 in the
/kernel/drv/sg.conf.  It seems, though, that just removing /dev/sg/*
and reboot -- -r isn't enough..

Either way, as was suggested by others, the lack of the /dev/sg device
didn't effect netbackup..  just sgscan.

-morgan

Morgan Jones //
                Programmer
                CommNav, Inc.

[snip]

Hi Morgan

By default the sg driver 'sees' only lun 0 and lun 1. (From the listing of
/dev/rmt it seems that you have a 'target 1, lun 2'.

You need to find your 'Media Manager Device Configuration Guide'. In Chapter
3 you will find a section called 'Configuring the SG Driver'.

If your st.conf file is up to date, you can skip step 1.
In step 2, you can omit '-mt 15' if you are not using target numbers above
6. It is important that you increase the number of luns (-ml 2, for
example).

If you get error messages during step 6 (install the the sg driver), you
will have to delete /kernel/drv/sg.conf, and then run sg.install again.

You may need a reboot (-r) before sgscan will see all the drives.

Good luck!

Regards

[ signature omitted ]
[snip]