Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Get MEDIA SERVER Name(s)

2001-06-08 14:06:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Get MEDIA SERVER Name(s)
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:06:45 -0700 (PDT)
I'm not sure who asked it before, but a while back
there was a question posted about how to get the names
of the media servers, without using bpgetconfig (since
some of those SERVER entries may not in fact be REAL
media servers.

In the midst of re-writing my thruput script to give a
report for each media server in the domain along with a
summary, I found it necessary to get this info.

Here's what I came up with.

from the Master's /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd

bpstulist -L | grep Host | sort -u | awk '{print $3}'

Thought this would be helpful.

(sorry for the duplicate message to those on my NBU-
LSERV list)

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting