Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vmchange question

2001-06-06 10:22:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vmchange question
From: charles.somogyi AT bms DOT com (Charles R Somogyi)
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 10:22:25 -0400
Hello All:

Recently upgraded to 3.4 DataCenter (HP-UX 11.00 Master/L700
Robot). I have noticed that if I use vmchange to eject a tape and
the ejection errors for any reason (in this case, the robot cap
is full or the tape is in a drive), the tape becomes non-robotic.
This becomes an issue for our tape librarian; the need to update
inventory before the ejection script can be run again; this may
happen several times per robot.

I never noticed this in 3.2. Does this seem to be a bug in 3.4?
Is there a flag on vmchange to correct this? I would even accept
not changing the status of the tape at all via vmchange until all
the tapes are ejected and then run the update.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Charlie Somogyi
BMS