Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrating the master server(SUN to HP-UX)

2001-06-06 09:39:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrating the master server(SUN to HP-UX)
From: rob AT colltech DOT com (Rob Worman)
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 08:39:55 -0500
dayal singh wrote:

> NBU Guru's,
>             We  are in the process of replacing our under powered Sun box
> which is a NBU master server with a HP-UX box. Anybody has done this before ?

Is your master server also a media server?
Will the HP-UX box be taking on the name of the solaris box?  (it
should...)  If so, the process is a simple matter of doing a fresh
installation of the HP-UX box as an NBU master and then copying in the
/usr/openvnetbackup/db contents that were on the sun box.

rob