Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 71 Message

2001-06-05 17:08:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 71 Message
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN ANDERSON)
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 16:08:10 -0500
Dennis Dwyer wrote:

> Can anyone explain why I get a STATUS 71 (None of the files in the list exist)
> error on a particular client backup and when it's restarted, without any
> changes, it runs fine? The Troubleshooting Guide is not much help on this one.
> What, exactly, is this message trying to tell me? The logs don't reveal
> anything, but then again, there's so much stuff in there that I might be
> missing
> it.
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis

Let me guess...it only happens on NetWare clients, right? I have the
same problem. They almost always start again and succeed, but only after
a status 71. Interestingly, on one NetWare client I have the target
configuration setup with multiple streams, and the same stream (of one
particular volume) encounters a 71--every day--then succeeds. The rest
of the volumes are fine.

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson       | United Defense L.P.
ryan_anderson AT udlp DOT com | pager 763.572.6684