Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Image Database consistency check - interpretting output

2001-06-05 14:44:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Image Database consistency check - interpretting output
From: vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com (Jim VandeVegt)
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:44:30 -0700 (PDT)
> I've been using
> bpexpdate -recalculate ...
> to apply new expiration dates to images that previously had
> infinity
> retentions.
>
> I started getting the error message:
> "event out of order, database inconsistency"
>
> Reading the FAQ, I found out about the
> bpdbm -consistency
> command and ran it.

OK, so now that I have looked at that output, I see a whole bunch of
"Bad image header" and file "does not exist" errors.

I'm going from memory, but I think the time frame where these images
have shown up was right about when my DB filesystem filled up during
a backup session.

So now what do I do?

Is it safe to delete the image files after confirming they're also
not present in the INDEX directory?

=====
Jim VandeVegt
vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com vandevegt AT avaya DOT com
http://members.xoom.com/vandevegt
There is no luck except where there is discipline.