Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Does SSO Use SCSI Reserve/Release?

2001-05-31 15:41:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Does SSO Use SCSI Reserve/Release?
From: curtis AT backupcentral DOT com (W. Curtis Preston)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 12:41:20 -0700
Good answer.  Actually, both the robot and the drives are shared, but the
robot is shared more "virtually."  They "share" it by asking one server to
mount a tape for them.  However, when it comes time to share a drive, they
do actually communicate directly with the drive.

Perhaps what I am asking is whether or not NetBackup uses SCSI
Reserve/Release command to reserve the DRIVES, or if it just keeps track of
who's using what drive when, and doesn't let two servers use the same drive
at the same time.