Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Differences of backup exec and Netbackup

2001-05-31 12:59:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Differences of backup exec and Netbackup
From: ToelkenW AT aetna DOT com (Toelken, William)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 12:59:26 -0400
We are currently using BE in our NT environment (~1300 servers) and have
decided to go to NB only because BE is not a true enterprise product from a
manageability perspective. You can "monitor" the jobs via ExecView from a
central location but all scheduling and configuration must be done at the
backup server. It has been a very stable product for us, we have just out
grown it.