Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bizarre occurences with the SCRATCH pool

2001-05-30 13:11:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bizarre occurences with the SCRATCH pool
From: Keilani.Burrage AT barclaysglobal DOT com (Burrage, Keilani BGI SDC)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 10:11:38 -0700
NBU Data Center 3.4
J0850645 / P0850697
Solaris 2.6
P3000

Is anyone out there currently using the SCRATCH pool?  I started using it a
month ago.  It seemed to work fine the first couple of weeks.  Then my group
started seeing the following:  multiple tapes being assigned to a pool at
one time.  My understanding of how the SCRATCH is supposed to work is, media
manager moves only what is needed from the SCRATCH pool to the other pools
that do not have volumes available.  The key here is only what is needed not
multiple volumes.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is this a bug?  Is anyone successfully
using the SCRATCH pool?  It would be great if this ideal actually worked.

Keilani Burrage
Operations Analyst
IT Operations
 voice *  (916) 463-6378 Desk
voice *  (916) 798-5081 Cell
e-mail *  keilani.burrage AT barclaysglobal DOT com