Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Standard number of Volume Pools

2001-05-30 12:25:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Standard number of Volume Pools
From: bbakh AT veritas DOT com (Bob Bakh)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:25:53 -0700
The minimum necessary is 2 pools, one for onsite and one for off site.

If you want to get granular you would have 9 pools, 4 for onsite, incr,
weekly, monthly and yearly, and 4 for offsites of the same backups and one
for NetBackup Database.

I like simplicity, I like on pool onsite, that is the NetBackup pool that
does the onsite backups and the database backup, and then a set to send off
site, with bpvault you need a pool to send off site and one for the database
backup to be sent offsite.

It is really up to you, Media Manager gives you the flexibility to do as you
want.

Bob