Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] problem with TIR and exclude_list

2001-05-25 15:03:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] problem with TIR and exclude_list
From: john.meyers AT wright DOT edu (John Meyers)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 15:03:50 -0400
 I've just recently defined a new class for a system using the
 True Image Restore option and I'm receiving an error message
 related to an excluded partition on the system.

 Basically the Files list for the system is,

        ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES

 and the client's exclude list has defined a partition that
 looks like

        /usr/local/nscache/

 When the backup runs, I'm receiving the following error message
 via e-mail,

> Subject: Backup on proxy1 - 251 started
>
> Backup on client proxy1 by root failed.
>
> Status = the tir information is zero length.
>
> File list
> ---------
> /usr/local/nscache

 The backup itself runs as expected, such as all of the other local filesystems
 are backed up correctly and the /usr/local/nscache partition is excluded.

 Running 'bperror' against this client, I'm seeing the following information,

> 251    proxy1.wright class_d4         full_backu mailserv.wr 05/24/01
> 22:06:29
>                  (the tir information is zero length)
> 251    proxy1.wright class_d4         full_backu mailserv.wr 05/24/01
> 23:18:23
>                  (the tir information is zero length)

 At this point, I'm wondering if I missed something in the documentation
 related to TIR backups or if this is some type of incompatibility with
 the Files specification?

 Thanks,

 John Meyers
 Computing Services