Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] New questions from the NetBackup FAQ.

2001-05-25 04:46:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] New questions from the NetBackup FAQ.
From: curtis AT backupcentral DOT com (W. Curtis Preston)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 01:46:05 -0700
As you probably already know, there is a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
list for this mailing list.  Since this FAQ can be updated by every member
of this mailing list via their web browser, it's constantly being kept up
to date.  The list below contains the questions that have been added or
updated within the last two months. (Normally it will only be a month, but
this is the first time I'm sending this email.)

Feel free to browse these links to increase your knowledge.  Even better,
we'd really appreciate your help in maintaining the FAQ!  To do so, you
simply need to get a free Backup Central User ID, and click on "Append
To This Answer," or "Add a New Answer" within the FAQ-O-Matic display.

You can get your Backup Central ID at:
http://www.backupcentral.com/register.html

You can browse the FAQ at:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/1.html

Questions added or updated in the last month:

How can I tell what the firmware level of my tape drive is?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/45.html

Where does NetBackup place logs for user initiated activity?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/96.html

OTM - Status code 11:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/150.html

Error 11 with OTM:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/152.html

What is the expected DLT tape longevity ?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/153.html

Status 134 errors with NetBackup 3.4?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/155.html

Is there a way to backup the NBU Databases onto a specific tape besides one
in the NetBackup Pool?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/156.html

Is there VMS support within a VERITAS NetBackup v3.4 environment?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/157.html

How do I disable OTM for NetWare?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/158.html

How do I improve slow backup times for NetWare clients?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/160.html

What to do with jobs that APPEAR to be active, but have hung?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/161.html

Error 14 on NT Clients:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/166.html

What is the difference between Cross Mount Points and ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/167.html

One way to backup data outside a firewall.:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/169.html

Restoreing an Exchange Database to a Standby server for DR or Single
Mailbox Recovery:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/171.html

Error 24 on Unix clients but WinXX clients work:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/172.html

What is the expected DLT tape longevity?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/173.html

What is the one command that can give me ALL of the information about a
backup job?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/174.html

How do I back up a Netbackup Catalog Database that is too large to fit on a
single tape?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/175.html

How can I create and delete drives from the command line?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/176.html

How can I see device status from the command line?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/177.html

How can I verify that a certain schedule will run at a certain time?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/178.html

Is there any way for me to check if all of my backup clients have all of
their data protected?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/179.html

How do I know if I have a volume that is FROZEN or SUSPENDED?:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/180.html

How can I change the retention period for a single image on a tape (not the
entire tape):
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/183.html

---
W. Curtis Preston
Principal Consultant for Storage Designs, your storage experts
Webmaster: http://www.backupcentral.com Phone: 760 631 7991