Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 3.4 and NetApps Filer

2001-05-23 10:53:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 3.4 and NetApps Filer
From: debbieb AT ti DOT com (Debbie Brown)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 09:53:20 -0500
Check your snapshots.  I bet you've hit the limit which is 20.  A
snapshot is created for each NDMP backup & is removed after the backup
is complete.  If you already have 20 snapshots & one can't be created
for backups, the backup will fail.  This happened to me last week & gave
me the error you are getting below.

You can use the following command to list the snapshots on your filer:

     >  snap list

If you need to delete a snapshot, you can do so using the following
command:

     > snap delete  <volume>  <snapshot>

Regards,

Debbie Brown