Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplicating Images to Another NBU Server

2001-05-22 15:04:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplicating Images to Another NBU Server
From: gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com (Gregory Floro)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 15:04:21 -0400
Just a guess at this but, couldn't you just increase the retention policy
of those images/media [bpexpdate] and then eject the media from the
library?

dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com writes:
>I have some images that normally have a 5 week retention period but I
>have a need to keep them around for a while longer. Because I'm tight on
>space in my library, merely changing the expiration date will not serve
>my purpose. The NBU Systems Administrator's Guide indicates "It is
>possible to duplicate from one server to another" as long as the original
>is in a drive on the server that owns the tape. I would like to duplicate
>a couple of images from one NBU Master to another NBU Master that resides
>in a different physical location. They are both on the same network.
>
>Has anyone ever done this before? What pitfalls should I be looking at?
>The book is not intuitively obvious on how to set up this scenario using
>the GUI so I'm guessing I will be using the bpduplicate command but
>that's all I've figured out so far.
>
>Anybody out there have any advice that has done this before? I sure could
>use a sample command. It looks like I have to execute the command on the
>target server pointing to the source host that owns the images to be
>duplicated.
>
>Somebody throw me a bone.
>
>Regards,
>Dennis
>
>Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
>Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it
>right
>
>Dennis F. Dwyer
>Enterprise Storage Manager
>Tampa Electric Company
>
>(813) 225-5181  - Voice
>(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Gregory Floro                            T. 212-502-9475
IT Manager                                 F. 212-594-1709
Photobition NY                           gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com
"Press any key to continue or any other key to quit!"