Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplicating Images to Another NBU Server

2001-05-22 09:45:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplicating Images to Another NBU Server
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 09:45:39 -0400
I have some images that normally have a 5 week retention period but I have a
need to keep them around for a while longer. Because I'm tight on space in my
library, merely changing the expiration date will not serve my purpose. The NBU
Systems Administrator's Guide indicates "It is possible to duplicate from one
server to another" as long as the original is in a drive on the server that
owns the tape. I would like to duplicate a couple of images from one NBU Master
to another NBU Master that resides in a different physical location. They are
both on the same network.

Has anyone ever done this before? What pitfalls should I be looking at? The
book is not intuitively obvious on how to set up this scenario using the GUI so
I'm guessing I will be using the bpduplicate command but that's all I've
figured out so far.

Anybody out there have any advice that has done this before? I sure could use a
sample command. It looks like I have to execute the command on the target
server pointing to the source host that owns the images to be duplicated.

Somebody throw me a bone.

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice