Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplications and storage units

2001-05-17 09:10:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplications and storage units
From: petes AT convergentdata DOT net (Peter Smith)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 07:10:14 -0600
If all the drives are connected to the master server via SCSI there is no
way to bind tape drives to a storage unit. Storage Units are logical
representations of the robots and tape devices. When doing duplications you
define the storage unit as your destination and not individual drives.

The only way I can see to do this is to write a duplication script that will
down the drives you do not wish to dup to and when the duplication is done
bring those drives back up.

Peter Smith
Convergent Data Services Inc.
www.convergentdata.net