Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Lost backup images?

2001-05-16 13:47:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Lost backup images?
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN ANDERSON)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 12:47:02 -0500
Environment:

Solaris 2.6 NetBackup Master/Media server, NetBackup 3.2 (patch
J0820443).

I noticed the duplications for a rather large server 'finished' on
Monday when they usually take 3-4 days. In looking around, I found in
the Job Monitor and in the bpbrm logs that the Full backups on this
server completed, and I even found a backupid for the jobs.

However, when you do 'bpimagelist -client nbclient -hoursago 160 -st
FULL -U' nothing comes up. Likewise, there is no entry for the backupid
I found in the bpbrm logs in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/nbclient.
Incremental backups completed and are found in the NetBackup db just
fine.

Any idea of what's going on?

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)