Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 3.4GA and Double-Take

2001-05-15 16:30:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 3.4GA and Double-Take
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:30:23 -0700 (PDT)
I'm not sure, but I think it may be related to OTM.  I
used to work for NSI Software but was not able to test
NetBackup and DT for NT at that time.

I have bcc'd NSI Software's VP of Engineering and their
Mgr of Technical Education.  I think either of them
should be able to address your issue or route it to the
right individual(s).

David
Quoting Tim McMurphy <Tim.McMurphy AT telus DOT com>:

> Had a similar problem once. See if your database
backup is running when
> this
> is occurring. Or just run the database backup
manually for a day to see if
> that is interfering.

scheduler to work
> on a host that is the target of Double-Take (a data
replication
> and failover software product).  Manual backups work
fine.  When
> scheduled jobs are to be run though, the jobs hang
requiring a
> halt of services, reboot, and manual service
restart.  The failure
> error on NBU is 213 (no storage units available) even
though the
> daemon/services are running and a manual backup works.
>

> The setup:
> NT box running eval copy of NBU 3.4 GA as master &
media server
> OTM installed
> Double-Take data replication (this is the secondary
host from
>                     which client would like to
perform backups)

> Do list members have any experience with Double-Take
and if it

======
>    \ \                        |
>   \ \ \                       | Hal Skelly,
consultant
>  \ \ * *                      | Solaris, Backup,
Storage Management
> \ \ *                         |
> \\ *  COLLECTIVE              | BEST WAY:
hskelly AT colltech DOT com
http://www.colltech.com
>                               | Pager: 1-800-946-
4646, pin 1468718

bu
bu

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting