Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] status 24

2001-05-11 11:27:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] status 24
From: sixbury AT celeritas DOT com (Sixbury, Dan)
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:27:22 -0500
You might try making sure that you can resolve the netbackup server and the
client by name.  You may need the local client's hostname and IP in the
/etc/hosts file on the Unix server.  I have seen problems 2-fold with socket
errors.  In one case the port back at the hub where the client box was
connected into was bad.  I was able to get some better network diagnostics
by performing ftp's between the master server and the client with a file
large enough so that I could monitor network errors.  In another case I saw
a similar problem on a NT box and I updated the local hosts file with the ip
and hostname, and the client started backing up normally again.

Dan