Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] spam (was Re: Backup, Media Management, Vaulting,Reporting )

2001-05-11 08:30:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] spam (was Re: Backup, Media Management, Vaulting,Reporting )
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 08:30:38 -0400
I treat vendors and marketers that invade a sacred list (such as this) with a
sales pitch the same way I would treat a stockbroker who cold calls me at home.
I would never use them and I'm not shy about telling them that. I know we're
all way to busy and don't have time to deal with everybody that calls us (or
writes us) about their latest and greatest whatever. I'll go one step further
and then I'll shut up. If a vendor or salesperson calls me wanting to talk, and
I didn't initiate the contact, I usually NEVER return their call. If they
happen to get lucky and I answer the phone, I'll talk to them, but I don't have
time to return every vendors call, so I've decided not to return any of them.
Just a philosophical discussion. Is it right or wrong? Who knows, but it works
for me.

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> Eric Punsalan <epunsala AT qualcomm DOT com> 05/10/01 06:15PM >>>

I got a similar email addressed to me directly a few weeks back and
Miss Daniels said that she got my name from a conference, but I am
100% sure that she got my email address from this mailing list.