Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade Issues 3.1.1 to 3.2

2001-05-09 21:50:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade Issues 3.1.1 to 3.2
From: terry.newnham AT showads.com DOT au (Terry Newnham)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 11:50:21 +1000
Hi

We have a product which combines the Veritas products Volume Manager
2.5, Media Manager 3.1.1, Netbackup 3.1.1 and HSM 3.1.1. We run them on
a Solaris 6 platform. The server acts as both a HSM server and a backup
server for several clients. What will put pressure on us to upgrade
Netbackup will be the necessity to backup Solaris 7 and 8 platforms
(plus other operating systems that may come on board here).

I was wondering if anybody here had made such an upgrade and what kind
of issues they'd encountered. Things like:

Is the upgrade path complicated or straight-forward ?

Do any of the other Veritas products have to be upgraded to work with NB
3.2 ?

Is NB 3.2 the best option compared to the more recent releases ?

Terry