Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bperror not showing all jobs

2001-05-09 12:35:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bperror not showing all jobs
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 11:35:53 -0500
Here's a weird one...

I have a Win2K master running NBU 3.4 DC patch J0850482.

bperror and the GUI reports have worked in the past, but this morning they are
not showing all of the jobs.  Activity Monitor shows all of the jobs from last
night and their status (all are either 0 or 1).  However, if I use bperror or
the "Status of Backups" GUI report, I see less than half of the jobs listed.

If I find one of the jobs in Activity Monitor that completed successfully or
partially successfully, but is not showing up in the backup status reports,
and look for it in the NetBackup\jobs\done directory, it does exist with all
three files as it should.  I know the Activity Monitor gets its information
from this directory.  Is this where reports such as the backup status report
are pulled from?

I've opened a case with Veritas this morning, but they are still looking into
it and have not been able to come up with anything yet.

Has anyone seen this or have any ideas what may be going on?

Thanks,

Scott Kendall