Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Expiring a client

2001-05-08 13:05:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Expiring a client
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 10:05:28 -0700 (PDT)
Whats the density of your standalone tape drive?

Are you compressing your database?  By default the
global attribute is set to 0 (Do not compress).  If you
are on an NT Master, then in order for compression to
work you have to have it on an NTFS file system, Unix
uses compress.

Also what's your retention level set to?

Before I starting expiring backup images, I would look
at those things first.

David

Quoting "Elrick, Sandy" <Sandy.Elrick AT cdcgy DOT com>:

> Hey all,
>
>  I'm starting to run into trouble with the NetBackup
DB occupying too much
> space and the independant tape drive will not contain
all of the
> information.  One option I was considering was
removing some old client
> backups from one Volume group.  Unfortunately I'm not
sure if that is
> possible from what reading I have done.  Can this be
done or are there
> alternatives?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Sandy Elrick

bu

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting