Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Offsite options of vmchange

2001-05-04 13:13:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Offsite options of vmchange
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 10:13:32 -0700 (PDT)
These are there for bpVault (recently added in 3.2 or
3.4), if you don't use Vault you don't have to worry
about it.  If you plan on using Vault, you may run into
problems down the road.

david

Quoting "Jason Ahrens [ahrensj AT psi DOT ca]"
<AhrensJ AT psi DOT ca>:

> What is the effect of using the various 'offsite'
options of vmchange
> (offloc, offsent, offreturn)
>
> I am looking at these and considering if they might
help with recordkeeping
> by making my scripts set these during duplication for
offsite storage. The
> VM admin guide doesn't seem to make any reference to
these options except
> that they exist, adn does not descript what use they
may have.

> If I were, for example, to set the OffReturn and
Offloc values with
> vmchange, what then happens when that date is reaches?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jason
bu

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting