Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 3.4 upgrade hanging

2001-05-03 17:33:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 3.4 upgrade hanging
From: mike_andres AT cnt DOT com (Mike Andres)
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 16:33:55 -0500
Hi, I'm upgrading to NBU 3.4 of a Solaris 2.6 media server.  The problem is
when I get to the point in the install_bp script which is run at the end of
the installation I reach the following point and it just hangs:

The NetBackup Installer is now upgrading your device configuration database
in order to be compatible with the new device discovery feature...

I have tried running install_bp with vmd both running and not running on the
master (Solaris2.7) with no differences.  The install_bp did finish
successfully on the master, although it did take a while for the device
configuration database upgrade to finish.  I looked through the script
(install_bp) to see what it was doing but couldn't seem to find any hints
there.  Has anyone seen this and determined what it is doing and how to get
around it? This is a SAN media server and is sharing drives with the master
and 2 other media servers.

TIA,
-mike