Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpend_notify Question

2001-05-03 17:13:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpend_notify Question
From: TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com (TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com)
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 16:13:39 -0500
We have a situation where were using home grown built oracle scripts for
hot database backups.  Everything works just great with the bpstart and
bpend scripts unless the job fails with a media or time-out error.  The
bpend doesn't run to clean things up before the job retries and reruns the
bpstart script.  This causes errors to pop up in the alert log because the
tables are already marked for backup and also causes issues when it
completes because everything isn't always properly cleaned up.  I guess my
question is, how do I ensure the bpend script runs if the jobs fails after
the bpstart has already ran?  I hope this mumble jumble makes sense to
someone.

Thanks,
Terry