Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Alternate Client Restores

2001-05-03 10:05:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Alternate Client Restores
From: Axel.Kunze AT dab DOT com (Kunze, Axel)
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 16:05:17 +0200
Hi list members !

Currently I've to setup the alternate client restore possebility. What I
want is,
that certain NT-Clients are able to restore the data of several predefined
NBU
clients of my Solaris Master/Mediaserver.

What I've done so far:

- added the "admin" nt clients with bpclient -add
- added a file containing the allowed clients for restore to a file in
../db/altnames/<name  of admin client>

What works:

- with the admin nt clients I can list the files of the allowed clients with
NB Client
- I can start a restore
- the activity log on the server shows me an active restore job, which never
stops

What doesn't work:

- the status view always shows : "restore started", and nothing else
(refresh every 5 seconds) e.g. files restored succesfully
- the selected files for restore are not restored

The reason for configuring this is:
I want to have several people being able to restore data from only their
servers and
nothing else ...

Any experiences ?!?

Thanks ...