Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpdbm termination problem

2001-05-02 22:38:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpdbm termination problem
From: Gavin.Gregory AT airnz.co DOT nz (Gregory, Gavin)
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 14:38:34 +1200
Hi all.

I'm getting a strange problem when testing an upgrade of a media server from
Netbackup 3.2 to 3.4.  We have two separate Netbackup enviroments, one using
v3.2, the other v3.4

One of the v3.2 media servers now also has v3.4 installed so we have two
directories /opt/openv.32 and /opt/openv.34.  Which ever instance is
required is renamed to /opt/openv and started as normal.  (I take no
responsibility for setting this up!).

A couple of times, after stopping v32 and starting v34 on the media server,
a second bpdbm process is started on the Netbackup master in the v3.2
environment which causes the existing bpdbm process to terminate, thus
killing currently running backups on other clients/media servers and
requiring the Netbackup master to be fully stopped and restarted.  There has
not been any problem when swapping from the v34 to the v32 environment.

We are attempting to test this in a controlled situation but we don't have
many windows available when there is no activity, so any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Gavin

error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
at http://www.airnewzealand.com or http://www.ansett.com.au