Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DB backup - media gone bad - need to replace one.

2001-05-01 07:58:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DB backup - media gone bad - need to replace one.
From: gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com (Gregory Floro)
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 07:58:22 -0400
Sandy.Elrick AT cdcgy DOT com writes:

>Does any one have a method list of removing one of the two DB backup media
>and inserting a new tape?  One of mine has gone bad.
>
>Veritas Netbackup 3.2
>Solaris 2.5.1
>
>Thanks!
>
>Sandy Elrick
>Network/LAN Administrator
>CSC GIS - CDC Calgary

Sandy

I would think you could do one of two things....

1. Remove the bad media, place the same bar code on the new media
    place new tape into library, NBU should use the new tape

2. Remove the bad media, add new media to the library
     change the Catalog Backup Config to use the new Media ID

Gregory Floro                            T. 212-502-9475
IT Manager                                 F. 212-594-1709
Photobition NY                           gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com
"Press any key to continue or any other key to quit!"