Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ACSLS to SSO configuration

2001-04-30 11:17:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ACSLS to SSO configuration
From: hskelly AT colltech DOT com (Harold Skelly Jr.)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 08:17:25 -0700 (PDT)
Effendy,

Can you see any drives or the  robot with the /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/sgscan
utility?  What are the results of vmdareq ( vmdareq -h mastername -display)?

Veritas does support ACS controlled L700s
(http://support.veritas.com/dsl/lists/nbu_device_ddProduct_NETBACKUPDC_prod1_NBUDC34_vendor_STK.htm)

Though you did not specifically say, I assume that the 220R is your master
server?  Are you configuring the drives as ACS drives instead of TLD drives?

The documents you want to look at are the media manager installation guide
and the NetBackup SAN Storage Option 3.4 Sys. Admin. Guide.  Both of these
are available as PDF files on the DataCenter CD.

Hal

"effendy yahaya asserts: "
=]
=] Hi,
=]
=] This is my configuration for NetBackup DC 3.4GA :
=]
=] ACSLS on Solaris 2.7 (SUN 220R)
=] 2 x Compaq Tru64 V5.0 (NBU J0850645 and S0850645
=] patch)
=] StorageTek L700 (6 x 9840 DLT tape drives)
=] StorageTek router (SCSI converter to fibre)
=] Compaq Switch
=]
=] My robotic is under acsls control, ACS. I can't see
=] any of the 9840 drives because there are only one
=] direct connection to a robot.  I'm not supposed to
=] configured any drives on the master (acsls).  I've
=] configured six drives under the media server.  I would
=] like to double confirm on this situation.
=]
=] How am I going to do for the SSO under this kind of
=] environment ?
=]   as far as i know, when i'm configuring SSO, i'm
=] suppose to be able to see all drive from my master.
=] In my condition, i can't see all the drives.
=]
=] kindly please let my know any ideas on this matter.
=]
=] Regards,
=]
=] Effendy Yahaya
=] Sys. Engineer
=] EDS (M) SB
=]
=]
=] __________________________________________________
=] Do You Yahoo!?
=] Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices
=] http://auctions.yahoo.com/
=] _______________________________________________
=] Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
=] http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu
=]

  \ \ \                 | Hal Skelly, consultant
 \ \ * *                        | Solaris, Backup, Storage Management
\\ *  COLLECTIVE                | BEST WAY:  hskelly AT colltech DOT com
 \*                             | (619) 218-2291 (cell)
  *                             | http://www.colltech.com