Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Questionaire

2001-04-30 04:16:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Questionaire
From: darkburst AT yahoo DOT com (effendy yahaya)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 01:16:18 -0700 (PDT)
--0-1409959708-988618578=:45127

Hi,

I've got a few questionaires regarding veritas
netbackup. Hope fully you can assist me. If possible I
need it as soon
as possible.  Thank you very much.

1. Netbackup authentication

     Can we change the root password for the NetBackup
main window. For your information, last time I've
changed the root password. Then I'm login using new
root
     password I can't log in. Can we assign NetBackup
to another user? or is it contain in the NetBackup
administration guide (nonroot users to administer
NetBackup with
     NetBackup-Java or any other administrator
application or command)

    2.During the restore, I'm having a problem with
connection. What will happened for that specific data
being restore? Is there a way that NetBackup still
holding that
     restoration data or do I have to do restore
again?

    3.What is the type of NetBackup compression and
what is the compression format? Does it relate to the
tape library/media that being used?

    4.How to make NetBackup to utilizing the whole
media? If let say, the data that going to be backup is
only 10 GB and the capacity of the media are 30 GB.
Can we use
     back that media to used back the other 20GB?

    5.How to let NetBackup to use only specific media
id during the backup? Is it by creating a specific
volume pool for that specific media id?

    6.How to do an offsite backup? Is it by using
duplicate copy?

    7.How to verify the contents of the media using
NetBackup? Is there any backup checksum?

  8.  How is NetBackup performance on the NFS, CFS for
the large of data, 30GB?

Regards,

Effendy Yahaya

http://auctions.yahoo.com/