Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Win2k Master to Unixware client restore

2001-04-24 13:52:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Win2k Master to Unixware client restore
From: spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us (spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:52:24 -0400
We have a new 3.4.1GA win2k master/media system that serves windows and
unixware clients. While testing we tried a full restore to a Unixware 7.1
test client using "overwrite". This restore included the OS, data files
et.al. Somewhere early on the restore overwrote something that resulted in a
disconnect. The client will now not even boot (error 33, system halt). This
is somewhat annoying. Do any of you know what we did wrong? Can we actually
do a restore over a Unixware OS or can we only put back data? Thanks for
your comments.

David Spearman
County of Henrico, Va.