Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Monthly Backup on NT Client

2001-04-20 13:24:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Monthly Backup on NT Client
From: wtaylor AT intersil DOT com (Taylor, Wally)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:24:15 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0C9BE.B8FAB060

We added a schedule for the monthly with the same start window as the weekly.
Then set the frequency for the weekly to 5 days and the monthly to 25 days.  For
us this caused the monthly schedule to always be more "overdue" when its time
came to run, than the weekly - so the monthly pre-empts the weekly at that time.
I also overrode the class volume pool with the pool specific to monthlies.
(This is for NT, and we use a 4-week cycle rather than actual calendar months,
but I believe the principle should hold true about the system running the most
overdue of two backup schedules from the same class.)   I hope this is
applicable and helpful.

Wally Taylor
Intersil Corp.
Scottsdale AZ