Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup oracle rman error

2001-04-19 16:10:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup oracle rman error
From: Jerald_Iverson AT den.invesco DOT com (Iverson, Jerald S.)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:10:10 -0600
we have a rman script that works on 3 servers, but on a new server we are
getting errors.  the client name is nebo, both client and master/media are
sun/solaris 7.  netbackup 3.4.

the end of the rman output looks like:

RMAN-08009: channel t2: starting archivelog backupset
RMAN-08502: set_count=2 set_stamp=427463413 creation_time=19-APR-01
RMAN-08014: channel t2: specifying archivelog(s) in backup set
RMAN-08504: input archivelog thread=1 sequence=7 recid=5 stamp=427460058
RMAN-08504: input archivelog thread=1 sequence=8 recid=7 stamp=427460527
NetWorker: Unable to contact system to determine port ranges: nebo
NetWorker: RAP error, Service not available.
NetWorker: Unable to contact system to determine port ranges: nebo
NetWorker: RAP error, Service not available.

and the job doesn't get submitted to netbackup.  i've compared the services,
inetd.conf, and tnsnames.ora files and didn't see any differences.  any
comments or directions on where to look would be appreciated.  we must have
set this server up differently than the others to cause this?

thanks in advance,
jerald iverson