Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL Backtrack: Alternate host restore

2001-04-17 16:12:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL Backtrack: Alternate host restore
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:12:06 -0400
I'm assuming the target is an NT box so I'll run with that. I'm not saying this
will solve your problem but I recall when I was testing an NT restore to an
alternate client when I first installed NBU, I had to create a directory call
ALTPATH or something like that. I'm really dusting off some brain cells on this
and my restore wasn't a SQL backtrack type, but your problem could be similar.
Perhaps there's some file or directory that needs to be pre-allocated before
you can do this. This might give you a place to start. Maybe someone else with
more knowledge will see this and add to it. Sorry I can't help further but
that's all I can remember.

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> "Alan Crocker" <acrocker AT lineone DOT net> 04/17/01 03:35PM >>>
Does any-one have any instructions on how to achieve alternative host restore
using the SQL Backtrack extension. When I attempt this procedure the Server
fails with an Error 5. Further investigation shows NBU failing on attempting to
read a log file under logs/dbext.

The product successfully restores to the same host it saved from.

Cn any-one provide me with any pointers?

Alan