Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 3.2GA Patch Question

2001-04-16 13:33:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 3.2GA Patch Question
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:33:52 -0400
I have to get my maintenance from Sun for NBU since I OEM'd it from them but
I'm hoping someone out there might be able to shed some light on something for
me.

Environment:

NBU 3.2GA on Sun E450 (2 500mhz cpus / 1GB memory)
NetWare 4.11 clients
NT 4.0 clients
AIX clients
Solaris clients

I've been having a problem with my NetWare clients occasionally abending
because of the bpcd process. I posted that several weeks ago on this list
server and was informed there are new client modules available for Novell in
the 3.2GA environment. Having done the research on the Sun side, I find that
their latest patch is 108261-06, which I have downloaded and am reading through
the README file to assess the impact. It looks as though 108261-06 encompasses
Veritas patches J0820363, J0820326, J0820260 & P0820173. The problem is I don't
see anything in there that talks about new a version of the Novell client. My
question is this ;

If it exists, how and where can I get it.

The Sun folks apparently don't know about it so when I speak with them I get no
where. Any ideas from the group (especially Veritas) would be greatly
appreciated. I believe my current version of clients is somewhere around May
1999

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice