Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Management

2001-04-13 11:05:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Management
From: gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com (Gregory Floro)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 11:05:14 -0400
Shyam

The easiest way is to create a bar code rule that adds new tapes to the
Scratch Pool.

shyamdayal AT usa DOT net writes:
>Hello Admins,
>
>            Simple question(not for me) on tape management.  Whenever I
>load
>new tapes by default it goes to NetBackup pool. But I want to change it to
>ScratchPool.  As it very tedious to add tapes to each volume pool(I have
>twentyof them), all the pools will pull their tapes from ScratchPool. Now
>my
>question is
>
>1)How do I change the default Volume Pool from NetBackup to ScratchPool
>and
>is it advisable to change the default pool ?
>
>2)If I don't want to mess around with system parameters by changing the
>default volume pool, do I have any other option ?
>
>3) When I do an inventory on the robot, if I change the update option to
>point
>to  ScratchPool, is it going to change the volume pool for all the tapes
>in
>the robot  or is it changing only for the newly added tapes ?
>I can test the the third option but I do not have direct access to the
>backup
>server and tape library.
>
> I appreciate y'r help
>
>Thank you very much
>
>Shyam Hazari,
>
>Ph No 214 951 2334 (Work)

Gregory Floro                            T. 212-502-9475
IT Manager                                 F. 212-594-1709
Photobition NY                           gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com
"Press any key to continue or any other key to quit!"