Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How do I force an image to be compressed?

2001-04-11 14:43:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do I force an image to be compressed?
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN ANDERSON)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:43:15 -0500
Norm Szcyrek wrote:

> I have a number of image files which are not being compressed by the NBU
> daemons, even though I've configured a 2 day interval via the GUI. Is
> there a way to manually force a compression to some of the images to
> save some disk space? Yes I am out of disk space, which is why I'm
> asking this question.  I suspect that the /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/tar
> command with the '-x' parameter is the way to go, but I'd like to ask
> the experts first before I try it.
>
> NBU details: Solaris 2.6, NBU v3.1.1GA [yes I'll be upgrading to DC 3.4
> soon]
> --
> Norm Szcyrek
> Systems Engineer
> Internet Operations Center, Inc.
> Southfield, MI, 48034   USA

Go to NBU Administration --> File --> Change NetBackup Configuration. In
there, be sure you have something for the 'Delay to Compress' field so
that NBU is automatically compressing after the amount of days you
specify.

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)