Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How do I force an image to be compressed?

2001-04-11 14:12:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do I force an image to be compressed?
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:12:13 -0700 (PDT)
Quoting Norm Szcyrek <nszcyrek AT iocenter DOT net>:

> I have a number of image files which are not being
compressed by the NBU
> daemons, even though I've configured a 2 day interval
via the GUI. Is
> there a way to manually force a compression to some
of the images to
> save some disk space? Yes I am out of disk space,
which is why I'm
> asking this question.  I suspect that
the /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/tar
> command with the '-x' parameter is the way to go, but
I'd like to ask
> the experts first before I try it.
>
> NBU details: Solaris 2.6, NBU v3.1.1GA [yes I'll be
upgrading to DC 3.4
> soon]
> --
> Norm Szcyrek
> Systems Engineer
> Internet Operations Center, Inc.
> Southfield, MI, 48034   USA
bu

Norm:

I use bpimage

bpimage -[de]compress -client $CLNT -backupid $BID

There may be another way with the netbackup utilities,
but this is the one I've always used.

David

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting