Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup authorization and user permissions

2001-04-11 12:37:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup authorization and user permissions
From: AhrensJ AT psi DOT ca (Jason Ahrens [ahrensj AT psi DOT ca])
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:37:05 -0400
I just read through chapter 8 Additional Setup of the NetBackup
administrators guide, as I was informed that this section dealt with
allowing various users different levels of permission.

It seems to make a start of doing so, but it does not get into how to fine
tune the permissions. It details how to set up authorization and
authentication, but stops before telling how to give certain users rights to
certain functions.

Has anyone set up NetBackup with different users with different access
levels? Before I begin to make a plan for this, I need to first make sure
that it is in fact possible, and review how it is done.

Jason