Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Typical NT exclude lists

2001-04-10 12:23:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Typical NT exclude lists
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:23:05 -0500
I remember seeing the pagefile getting backed up with previous versions of
NetBackup and having to add this file to the exclude list.  I am using 3.4 now
and do not have to exclude the pagefile.  It is automatically excluded by
NetBackup.

Just remember, as you create include and/or exclude lists that for every file
backed up the exclude list is checked and then if it is excluded, the include
list is checked.  With long exclude/include lists performance can be effected.

- Scott

                    spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us

                    Sent by:                             To:     veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu, ben AT mizuhocap DOT com
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        cc:

                    auburn.edu                           Subject:     RE:
[Veritas-bu] Typical NT exclude lists

                    04/05/2001 11:54 AM

Ben,

An obvious exclusion is always c:\pagefile.sys, the other you can exclude is
winnt\system32\dllcache. I have also found that things like virus checking
programs can and will get corrupted, and since it is usualy no big deal to
reinstall you might consider taking that out. Personaly I would go ahead and
set your backups for DR, it is straight foward and makes life easy. Except
for Win2K Domain Controllers, which backup OK but don't seem to want to get
with the DR program. Still waiting for some sort of answer on that problem.

David Spearman
County of Henrico, Va