Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mac data and NetBackup

2001-04-10 09:16:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mac data and NetBackup
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN ANDERSON)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:16:21 -0500
We have a NetWare fileserver used by Mac users that we backup & restore
to using NetBackup 3.2/3.4. Since Mac users are able to push files out
there, its pretty obvious your NetWare volume has Mac namespace support
on it. Therefore, any problem you are having is likely that you didn't
declare the target in NetBackup as supporting a Mac namespace. Go to bp
--> target configuration and modify or readd the volume with Mac
namespace, then try backing up and restoring, it should work fine.

RCA

--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)