Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tldtest errors

2001-04-09 15:49:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tldtest errors
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 12:49:26 -0700 (PDT)
Quoting clifford thurber <cthurber AT concretemedia DOT com>:

> Hello,
> I am trying to get an inventtory about what is in our
CAP. I usuall run the

> following command:
> ehco " s i " | tldtest -r /dev/sg/c1t010
> However now I am getting the following error, could
someone give me some
> feedback?
>
> root@backuphost:/opt/openv/netbackup/bin>echo "s s" |
tldtest -r
> /dev/sg/c1t0l0
> Opening /dev/sg/c1t0l0
> Enter tld commands (? returns help information)
> read_element_status failed, CHECK CONDITION
> sense key = 0x2, asc = 0x4, ascq = 0x1, LOGICAL UNIT
IN PROCESS OF BECOMING

> READY
> root@deathstar:/opt/openv/netbackup/bin >
>
> Thanks
> Clifford

bu

Looks like the unit is in the middle of an inventory.

Perhaps someone open/closed the door of the library.

Or perhaps someone issued an init via tldtest.

Or perhaps there is another tldrest (or robtest)
already running and holding the robotic control
exclusively.

David

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting