Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sun L1800 Barcode Reader not Working

2001-04-09 10:44:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sun L1800 Barcode Reader not Working
From: schee AT winstar DOT com (Sonny Chee)
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:44:53 -0400
We just inherited a Sun ETL 4/1800 (Renamed to Sun L1800) tape library
and the barcode reader does not seem to work. The information we found
on the Sun site on the web says it uses 3of9 barcode labels, when we
put one in the library, looks it scans the tape, but on the front panel
it says no barcode. What are we doing wrong? Does the L1800 requires
firmware upgrade to use the barcode reader? Are we using the wrong
type of barcode label? Does any have a softcopy of the instruction manuals?
Any help would be appreciated.

Sonny Chee
System Admin
Winstar Telecommunications