Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Monitoring failed backups

2001-04-09 06:52:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Monitoring failed backups
From: snowwolf AT endlessknot DOT com (Snow Wolf)
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 03:52:50 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Ryn wrote:

> Has anyone written any scripts to page them when a backup fails? We
> seem to be having issues where our acsls server stops working and
> causes backups to fail. I would like to send an email to my pager when
> a backup fails so I can take corrective actions.

Personally, I like to add scripting to the end of ...

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/backup_exit_notify

as it's called at the end of each individual client backup, sucessfull
or not. It also gets the following variables from bpsched: client, class,
schedule, schedule_type, status, stream (#).

So, check this script out ... a few modifacations, and you should be set.

-Snow